For individuals and families, AMI is expert at finding solutions to challenging life situations. A thorough individualized assessments of each client’s needs leads to a comprehensive plan of action. AMI works closely with family members to recommend which services are best for the client.
Comprehensive Assessment and Evaluation
- Evaluate strengths. Limitations and ability to function
- Assessment/evaluation of older person’s needs and
recommend care services
- Advocate, advise and monitor quality of care in assisted
living/dementia community or nursing home or at home
- Provide on-going evaluation of older person with reports to family
- Accompany the client to doctor’s appointments and provide
doctors with accurate information about the client’s health
concerns and care at home.
- Advocate for the client’s needs in the hospital.
A comprehensive evaluation of your aging parent or relative, is the cornerstone of a detailed plan. The assessment includes a functional analysis, evaluating how the individual spends their day and the quality of their life. In addition, an assessment includes psychological, mental and social functioning, financial resources, strengths and needs, consultation with medical physicians with review of medical records and finally an action plan with recommendations. If necessary, a referral for a neuropsychological evaluation, physician that specializes in geriatrics, medication review and follow-ups may be incorporated into the analysis.
- Provide assistance with selecting, screening and recommending
quality assisted living and dementia communities, and skilled
- Determine when it is time for the older person to transition from
home to an assisted living or dementia community. Discuss with
family members and older person options for long-term care or
short-term respite options.
- Assist with transition of moving from home to assisted living or
- Activities management- of physician appointments, social outings
- Quality referrals to Geriatricians, Neuropsychologists,
Psychiatrists, Physicians and other allied health care
professionals that make home or assisted living visits.
Counseling & Behavior Management
- Transitional counseling and support when moving from home
to assisted living or dementia community.
- Short-term counseling for depression, anxiety, grief and loss
issues, problematic behaviors, treatment compliance and crisis intervention
- Facilitate family meetings and long-term care planning
- Problem solve with family regarding appropriate interventions
that maximize the older person’s autonomy while assuring his
or her safety.
- 24/7 Crisis intervention
Family Member Support
- Educate family members on how to use validation techniques with loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias.
- Counseling for family members and education about
Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, guidance regarding client’s aging process and how to effectively cope with it.
- Serve as liaison for adult children at a distance, making sure things are going well, alert families to problems.
- Solution-focused problem solving and coaching for family members
- Consistent reporting to keep family informed about older person’s care and well-being.
Optimal Living Arrangements
We have the expertise in finding only the highest quality assisted living and dementia communities for older adults and older adults with memory loss. We can provide your loved one with short term and long term care solutions. Because the needs of people with memory loss are multifaceted, we pre-screen and evaluate each community before they are entered into our database. This makes us different than other services or elder care registries. We do not simply provide lists. Our personalized service closely matches the particular needs and preferences of the older person with communities that are just right for that particular individual. This is a time saver and assures you that the pros and cons and quality of each communityhas been honestly evaluated, including costs. We will also negotiate directly with the assisted living community of YOUR choice to get you the best possible monthly fee.